Mixed breed dogs, or designer dogs, are increasingly popular family pets. Not only are they often lower in cost compared to purebreds, but they come with eccentric personality and coat colour that can be tailored to fit your family’s way of living and preferences. These designer dogs are a combination of two different purebred dogs, often resulting in a pooch with a unique and interesting temperament.
Small families in particular may find that a mixed breed dog is the absolute perfect pet for their home. In this article, we will walk you through the top seven hybrid dogs that are excellent for small families.
1. Goldendoodle: The Goldendoodle is a mix between a Golden Retriever and a Poodle. This type of fur buddy is famous for being friendly, intelligent an d loyal. Goldendoodles are magnificently good with young children and very easy to maintain since they don’t shed too much.
2. Labradoodle: The Labradoodle is a mix between a Labrador Retriever and a Poodle. This type of dog is perceived for being friendly, loyal and intelligent, much like the Goldendoodle. Labradoodles are very aesthetically pleasing though very high in maintenance given their sophisticated coat.
3. Cavapoo: The Cavapoo, also known as Cavoodle, is a mix between a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Poodle. This breed is famous for being gentle, softhearted and faithful. Cavapoos are also people oriented though can be very vocal so expect them barking frequently.
4. Shih-Poo: The Shih-Poo is a mix between a Shih Tzu and a Poodle. This breed is known for being affectionate, loyal and intelligent. Shih-Poos are great for small spaces as well since they don’t bark too much and are very versatile which means they thrive in almost any environment.
5. Maltipoo: The Maltipoo is a mix between a Maltese and a Poodle. This breed is known for being affectionate, loyal and intelligent. Maltipoos are perfect with kids since they are not aggressive nor rough. They also don’t shed that much but could be very high maintenance when it comes to grooming.
6. Yorkipoo: The Yorkipoo is a mix between a Yorkshire Terrier and a Poodle. This breed is known for being loyal, gentle and intelligent. Yorkipoos on the other hand though they are very adorable, could be very fragile but with proper training they can be a very good companion.
7. Cockapoo: The Cockapoo is a mix between a Cocker Spaniel and a Poodle. This breed is known for being sweet in nature, gentle and playful. Cockapoos are ideal as a family pet because they are sociable compared to other breeds and doesn’t shed that much too!
Regardless of which breed of dog you end up with, remember that taking care of them is the most important part. Their loyalty will be forever with you and your family whatever happens so just enjoy every moment with them and try new things with the newest part of your family!