Our cats are circle of relatives, and we wish to be certain that they’ve the whole lot they want. A good way to ensure our cats are getting right kind relaxation, job, and psychological stimulation is by way of making home made furnishings and toys. In the event you love crafting and treating your cat to one thing particular, you’ll revel in those 5 DIY initiatives for cats.
Cat Tree Made Out of PVC Piping
Cats love mountaineering to prime puts the place they are able to apply their kingdom. To give protection to your furnishings and to provide them a devoted house to climb and claw, imagine creating a PVC cat tree. You’ll be able to save loads of bucks by way of developing your individual.
Plus, a DIY tree is absolutely customizable! Is your cat somewhat lively or lovely lazy? You’ll be able to cater the cat tree to incorporate your whole cat’s favourite issues. From tunnels to hammocks, the probabilities are unending. To make a cat tree, you merely want PVC pipe, a number of fittings, and PVC primer and cement. This DIY cat tree will likely be a a laugh journey to your cat.
DIY Cat Scratching Put up
There’s not anything relatively as irritating as coming domestic from an extended day at paintings to search out that your stunning leather-based couches had been scratched so badly that they seem like they starred in a horror movie.
As a substitute of having pissed off along with your cats (since they’re solely doing what comes naturally), take all of that power and make a cat scratching put up. Right here’s the whole lot you want to find out about creating a home made scratching put up.
- 3” PVC Pipe (any period that fits your wishes)
- 3” PVC Cap
- 50’ 3/8” Rope
- 1’ Diameter spherical piece of picket
- 5” Sq. block of picket
- Glue gun
- Measuring tape
- Jigsaw or scroll noticed
Steps for PVC Scratching Put up
- Lay the picket spherical onto the felt then use the recent glue gun to protected the felt to the ground of the picket spherical.
- Take your block of picket and reduce it with the jigsaw (or scroll noticed) right into a circle with a diameter this is somewhat smaller than 3” (this piece will want to are compatible snuggly – however no longer too tightly – within the 3” PVC pipe). This woodblock will grasp the PVC pipe in position at the felted picket spherical.
- The usage of the drill, screw the small picket spherical from Step 2 onto the massive picket spherical that’s coated in felt with two screws. You’ll be able to screw this supporting piece in the course of the felted piece or you’ll be able to position it off-center.
- Pre-drill holes about 1/2” from the ground of the PVC pipe. (You’ll need two holes on reverse aspects of the pipe.)
- Position the pipe over the small picket circle then screw two screws into the PVC pipe, the usage of the holes from Step 4.
- Upload the PVC cap to the highest of the put up.
- Wrap the rope across the put up, gluing the rope in position with the recent glue gun each few inches. Don’t wrap the rope across the PVC cap. Bring to an end any additional rope and end gluing in position.
- You’re completed! Permit your cat to discover and get used to the brand new scratching put up.
Small PVC Hammock for Kittens
Our little kittens deserve a at ease position to loosen up, sleep, and hideout, similar to our grownup cats. Display them a bit of additional love by way of creating a small cat hammock from PVC piping.
This hammock is solely 10” tall, 10.5” large, and 16.5” lengthy, making it the very best dimension for at-home use or refuge use. Plus, the design is light-weight, so if kitties occur to drag it over, nobody will likely be harm.
½” PVC pipe
(4) ½” PVC facet elbows
(4) ½” PVC caps
Steps for Cat Hammock
- Reduce your PVC pipe into (2) 14” items and (6) 8” items.
- Get started creating a rectangle by way of slipping the 4 facet elbows onto the ends of the 14” items. Be sure that the highest outlet at the elbow issues upward and the opposite facet retailers level against what is going to be the middle of the hammock.
- End making the rectangle began in Step 2 by way of connecting two of the 8” lengths of PVC to the open facet retailers from Step 2.
- Create legs for the cat hammock by way of putting the rest 4 8” items into the open retailers from Step 2.
- Upload caps to the ends of the legs. Turn the hammock over. Now, you simply desire a duvet.
- For a canopy, you’ll be able to use recycled t-shirts or denims. Or, you’ll be able to acquire cloth from the shop. Whichever cloth you select to make use of, remember to have two items that every measure out to be 12” large and 16” lengthy. Stitch the 16” aspects in combination. Slide the material over the hammock body. Now, you’re completed!
DIY Cat Meals Puzzle Field
Cats are good little boogers. Give your fur-babies a bit of additional problem with a meals puzzle field. This easy toy will inspire and make stronger looking abilities.
Assemble a home made cat meals puzzle field by way of taking a simple picket field (no lid) and striking variously sized PVC pipes within. The PVC pipes can vary in diameter from ½”, 1”, and 1 ½”.
The lengths must be rather the similar (about 3” however you’ll be able to additionally base it off the peak of your field). Organize the pipes within the field how you prefer them then glue them in position with E6000.
As soon as the glue is dry, position dry cat meals or treats on the backside of the pipes and slip the crumpled paper in one of the crucial pipes to hide the meals. Your cat will love the problem of this DIY PVC puzzle feeder.
Do-it-yourself Cat Tunnel
Playtime isn’t only for canines – cats like to discover, play, and be bodily lively (once they select to, in fact). Tunnels are a good way for indoor-only cats to stick lively and really feel as though they’re exploring the outside.
After they’re no longer feeling adventurous, tunnels be offering cats a protected, protected position to nap. On the other hand your cat chooses to revel in a tunnel, it’s essential piece of furnishings for cat folks. Let’s have a look at how one can construct a home made cat tunnel the usage of PVC pipe and fittings.
- 1” PVC Pipe
- (8) 1” PVC facet elbow
- (4) 1” PVC 4-way tee
- (1) Heavy-duty cardboard tube for concrete
- Remnant carpet (4’ x 10’)
- PVC reducing software
- Rubber mallet
- Tape measure
- Software knife
- Carpet knife
- Liquid nails
Steps for Cat Tunnel
- Reduce the PVC pipe into the next lengths: (8) 9” items and (12) 12” items.
- Take two of the 9” items and sign up for them in conjunction with some of the 4-way tees. Be sure that the open sockets level upwards and against the middle. Repeat this step two instances.
- Position facet elbows onto the ends of the items made in Step 2. Be sure that the open sockets level upwards and against the middle.
- Insert 3 of the 12” items of PVC into the middle open sockets from Steps 2-3. This may occasionally create the ground body of the tunnel holder.
- Repeat Steps 2-4. This may occasionally create the highest body of the tunnel holder.
- Insert the rest six 12” PVC items into the open sockets of the fittings at the backside body.
- Have compatibility the highest body onto the 12” items in Step 6. Use the mallet to sign up for the items in combination.
- Reduce the card tube in order that it’s 24” in period. Position it exposed into the PVC tunnel holder or duvet it with carpet the usage of the liquid nails then position it within the tunnel holder.
- Your tunnel is entire. Watch your cats and kittens revel in their new tunnel – made with your individual arms!
DIY Initiatives for Cats of All Ages
With such a lot of PVC initiatives for cats to choose between, you and your fur-baby won’t ever be bored. Deter dangerous habits with a scratching put up. Inspire exploration with a cat tree or tunnel.
Be certain that final rest with a hammock. All of this will also be imaginable with PVC piping – an affordable, sturdy provide with such a lot of makes use of out of doors of plumbing, together with DIY cat initiatives! We would like you glad crafting along with your kitty!
Thanks Mark for sharing this insightful piece.
Mark Ligon is the Advertising and marketing Supervisor at PVC Fittings On-line, a number one provider of PVC pipe, fittings, valves, plumbing provide, and extra. Mark enjoys operating on initiatives round his domestic and offering recommendation to folks taking a look to finish DIY initiatives of their very own.